Tuesday 22 October 2013

My A3 journal

It's been absolutely ages since I did anything in any of my journals so with a couple of hours to spare this morning, I thought I would have a dabble in my A3 journal. Here's what I did:

Using wide paintbrush, I splodged some Yellow Submarine Fresco Finish Paint across the centre of a two page spread.


I then added some Tango Fresco.


Followed by some Blood Orange.


Now at this point, I know it looks like a big fine mess but you just need to have the confidence to keep going with it, after a few more layers, it will come good.

Now for some Snowflake Fresco. I love using white paint trapped between other layers of paint, it adds so much depth and dimension to a project. I used two of my current favourite stencils, one is from Crafters Workshop and is a 12x12 size called "Well Rounded" and the other is from Green Pepper Press called "Marrakech Mix".


I added another layer of Yellow Submarine to blend the white into the background. Now remember, it is very important to make sure every layer of paint is dry before adding the next layer.


More Snowflake paint and a change of stencils, this time I used my 12x12 size of  "Art is you" by Crafters Workshop and "Modern Tree" by Stencil Girl.


This time I used Lime Light over the Snowflake to blend it in.


I dry brushed some Bora Bora around the edges of the pages.


Using my 6x6 "Circle Grid" stencil, I used the bumping technique that the very talented Lynne Perrella taught me. After applying a layer of Chocolate Pudding Fresco, I re-positioned the stencil and bumped it a smidge in one direction so that when the next layer of paint, in this case, Antarctic, goes over the top, it creates a small shadow. This is such a genius technique and both Leandra and I were floored by it!!!


After drying the paint, I replaced the stencil again and using PaperArtsy's Mini 61 with some Coffee Archival ink, I stamped some script through the stencil.


I love this effect!!!!


More Lime Light.


Using my "Church Window " stencil by Stencil Girl, I stippled Chocolate Pudding Fresco through pretty much the complete stencil, then used small sections of the brickwork to fill in gaps on my pages.


I found an alphabet stencil (sorry, I have no idea what this one is called) to stencil a quote.


I dry brushed some more Bora Bora around the edges and in some of the very yellow areas of the pages to tone it down a touch.


And finally, this is the result.


Conclusion.....I think I'm in love with Yellow Submarine and Tango!!!

25 comments:

Gabrielle said...

... So am I now! This is gorgeous!

sam21ski said...

Me too and I got some at the weekend, but I also love your church window stencil too!

Totally gorgeous pages Lin

Sam xxx

Trish said...

Mmmm, so gorgeous! Love all your layers.

Hazel Agnew said...

Lovely bright zingy pages on a dull day. Fabulous linda!

jojo79 said...

Beautiful Lyn

Helen said...

Loving all those stencils you've mentioned, some I have and some I just want, lol!! The journal page is beautiful, and I too, adore yellow submarine and tango paints!

Julie Lee said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I want those colours sooo much! Your page really sings with them! Julie Ann xx

Carol Q said...

fabulous Lin.

Unknown said...

I love it! Fab pages. xx

Daniele said...

amazing, from a few daubs of paint arises a fantastic page
hugs

Unknown said...

Just brought those 2 colours, amazing design x

Deborah Wainwright said...

I am so inspired - this is really fab I love the colours xx

Ali H said...

Great journal page - thanks for showing how you built it all up - I especially love the script inside the circles !

kjjc said...

Fabulous.

massofhair said...

Haven't got either YSub or Tango have to work my way up to such vivid colours! Only just got Zesty Zing lol.

Stunning pages, thanks for sharing your tips much appreciated:-) x

Wilma Voermans said...

Love your stencil layering!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, gorgeous page, love the combination of colours.

Rebecca said...

Love it such super colours
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Cocofolies said...

Love these new colours too Arghh !! :) Great page Lin, I love all the layers and your beautiful masking techniques. Hugs, Coco x

Siobhan Brignull said...

stunning work Lin and so simple when you know how x

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow absolutely gorgeous stunning journal page. I really love the stencils you used and I can't wait to try out my new frescos that should be here tomorrow :-) Kezzy xxx

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wow! What gorgeous pages!
Love the layers and seeing your step-by-step process!

craftimamma said...

Stunning pages Lin and thank you for going into so much detail with the how-to!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Crafty Humphreys said...

I'm just catching up on my blogging, social media seems to rule my life at the mo! Love this Lyn, the difference the Bora Bora makes around the edges if fab! Suz xxx
http://craftyhumphreys.blogspot.co.uk/

Moiz said...

Hi Lin! I know you posted this a while ago but i have recently obtained a journal and was looking for inspiration.............I knew I could rely on you! This page is fabulous and stencils are my new obsession! Can't wait to get started. Moira x